Monday, December 3, 2018

Tripple Gauge Progress

Wow, December is here! Time has flown by and I failed to get a post each month. So, a progress update. While the paint shop is still overloaded, I did manage to get something done for all three gauges. 1/4 inch scale, On3, On30, and On2.

First, the Arroyo Tram (On30) water car made it to the paint shop. Still needs lettering and weathering but is already busy hauling water to the mines that require a lower mineral content in their boiler water supply.


Next, I started a caboose kit a few weeks ago for the DC&L RY (On3). It is a laser kit by IMA, designed for On30/On3 use. The kit was close enough to the Tionesta Valley caboose that I have always liked, so I picked it up. Turns out the kit is similar to the TV caboose but not an exact copy. Comparisons to the drawing show minor differences. I doubt anyone will recognize the differences once built (few probably even know much about the TV RY). Several details are not included in the kit, such as end ladders, so I will have a little more work to do. Also need a better picture, it really isn't as short as it looks in the picture. More soon.

The never ending saga of the WW&F Combine continues. After painting the sides, I decided to do some repair work to fill air bubble holes and some missing door trim, then repaint the sides. Roof tin is next, then paint, then details, then paint, then windows, lettering and done!


Also underway is an 6 ft extension to the Arroyo Tram and a three cylinder conversion of the Bachmann shay. Pictures to come.......




1 comment:

  1. Love the TV caboose Brian......I'm constantly going back and rereading my tattered copy from the PA logging series.
    I agree it would be a very nice railway line to model. I'm going to look around for that kit.......tom

    ReplyDelete