Tuesday, July 3, 2018

A Look Back: Arroyo II

June was a very busy month and I wasn't able to get too much modeling done. Now that it is July, I realized that I failed to make a posting in June. I recently had a request to post the track plan for the "new" Arroyo On30 module, so I decided to provide a pictorial review over time. Enjoy!

July 2014 Beginnings - I dismantled my Mexicano Yucatan 30-inch prototype module and laid  the new Gilpin style Arroyo.

December 2015 -Tack and land forms are down.


February 2016 - Bridges are in and a shay has been modified using a Wisemann Models kit

March 2016 - My version of the St Louis mine gets a body.






February 2018 - Scenery is in, the St. Louis mine exterior is done, my version of the Whiting mine is well along and the portable staging/run around is completed.


'

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photo track plan. How long is the main section - can't great a good cinder block count.

    I like ten New Mexico style ore cars s a more modern/substantial alternative to Gilpin cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, the plan is 2ft x 8ft. The two down grades are 2 or 3% and the upgrade is 4%.
    Thanks, I got the idea for the cars from a guy on Freerails, woodie, I think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info and inspiration. Woodie is the culprit.

    ReplyDelete