Saturday, February 13, 2016

Shay 7 Gets Updated with ESU Loksound Decoder



Updating Shat No7 has been a hassle. I first tried a TCS WOW decoder and Keep Alive but had all kinds of motor control issues. Hmm, maybe should have kept the Tsunami? Checked the internet about issues with the TCS and coreless motors after some emailing a bit with Jeff. Lots of posts about poor control with cordless motors and TCS decoders. Lots of "why would anyone even use a careless motor?" Well, lots of PSC brass shays use them. Yup, that puts us in the minority. Grantdline drives also use then in On3. So....lots of good talk about ESU Loksound and coreless motor control. Hmm. After calling TCS customer service, tech support and never getting a response, I ordered a LOKsound decoder.

First impressions? Sounds as good as the TCS WOW decoder. Amazingly better than the Tsunami. Seems to work on my track without a stay alive so far. Something also noted in the online discussions about these decoder so. I'm still skeptical but am so far VERY pleased. I purchase the Shay decoder and it matches chuff perfectly. Motor control-excellent! I just need to figure out how to modify the volumes of some sounds, and it will be perfect!

I'M DONE WITH DECODERS for a while......

No comments:

Post a Comment