Sunday, November 29, 2020

Upper Wiscasset Gets a Car Shed

 I recently finished the car shed for the upper yard in Wiscasset, otherwise known as staging. The car shed existed sometime between 1900 to sometime prior to 1910 when it burned down. After the WW&F lost the coal contract withe the woolen mill in North Vasselboro, they built a coal shed on the site. While I am modeling a time when it is likely the car shed had already burned down, it was a convenient structure to have on the module for.......storing cars. Yes, the shed was painted yellow, I actually used a more toned down yellow as bright yellow was just too much! The structure has been done for a little while, however, I just completed the window glazing.


 Here are some shots from while it was under construction





3 comments:

  1. Thanks Bill. Next time you are traveling down I-81, come see it in person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I had to leave the car shed, and many other things out of my layout because of space. Well done!
    Pete Leach

    ReplyDelete