Sunday, October 26, 2014

Many years waiting.....

This week I managed to pull out my CHB models log carriage and assembled it. Back in the mid 80's I saved up a little money mowing lawns, etc. to get the edger and log carriage kit. Couldn't afford much and I knew that I would want a band mill rather than the circle mill. Well, I finally got the kit out and assembled it. Magnificent castings. Charles Brommer was an EXCELLENT pattern maker and caster. The knees on the carriage move back and forth as do the dog settings. Sometime in the future, I will partially cut a log and put it on the carriage and the carriage in the sawmill. Another time.......


Also managed to paint a slew of Chivers Finelines Gilpin style On30 trucks for the new Arroyo Tram. Wasn't too fun air brushing the sets but needed to get done. Also started painting two completed Grandt Line Gilpin Tram cars, one Chiver's side dump gon and a On3 Foothills Models gon that I assembled a while back. Oh, yeah, finally touched up the lettering on that Flying Zoo Climax. Just need to add windows and an engineer!

No comments:

Post a Comment