Monday, July 21, 2014

Arroyo Tram Up and Running!

Over the weekend, I was able to install all the track and get the Arroyo Tram wired up. Trains are running on the layout. Had some issues with the layout not being level and thus turning my grades into 6% uphill rather than 3 and 4%. Once I got that fixed, things ran fine.


Also took my On3 shay truck apart, added washers to eliminate the "play" in the drive wheel. Re-assembled and while it certainly made a difference, it still did not eliminate the jam entirely.
So, I finally completely dissasembled the truck, all gears, etc. and FOUND THE PROBLEM!! The drive shaft for the gears was slightly bent, a few thousands off. It was one of the only parts that was assembled when I bought the kit and has cuased the greatest strain for me. New shaft material has been ordered and the shay awaits completion!


No comments:

Post a Comment