Sunday, September 17, 2017

Car Progress

Finishing some final touches on the B&H or B&SR boxcar. Added the roof walk and platforms, brake wheel, etc. The roof end platforms were a real pain, had to re-do them three times to get them level with the top of the car. Put the right trucks on it. Just needs a little weathering and some brakes on one of the trucks. I'm happy with how it turned out. Didn't add the B&SR lettering, since it sits on my WW&F module.


Getting closer with the WW&F passenger car and Sandy River Mail car/Combine. Turns out I don't have the right lettering, so I have to order some before the final coat of finish. Then the windows, then I'm done. Still waiting for my replacement sides for the WW&F combine. Emails to GME are going unanswered.


2 comments:

  1. that box car has a great look to it. what do you need for decals, I have an Alps and may be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crownironman,
    I need some gold lettering. I had the numbers and assumed that I had the letters. Ordered some dry transfers, so hopefully that will do it. However, I'm in the need of some car data decals for all kinds of narrow gauge cars. WW&F didn't use them but so many others did and I can't find the right decals anywhere. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete